Episodes 7776-7780 (Block 1556)

Re: Episodes 7776-7780 (Block 1556)

Postby project90 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 am

I love Izzy she one of my all time favorites hope get some of that claasic Izzy smile and that still up to no good and leaves in shame. Also hope get see Steph and Izzy have some decent interactions.

How old Holly now almost 11 real time? Maybe time bring her in add her in to Jimmy and Kirsha group bring Charlie back to and bam got a new teen group

Tyler clearly said all that to drive Piper away so she can get on with her life without him he didn't mean all that
project90

Postby RamsayStreet » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:30 pm

The Karl & Susan “I can’t do this” scene which had looked so good in the trailers was ruined by the music they were playing over it, it lost all impact.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby Shamrock » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 pm

RamsayStreet wrote:
Shamrock wrote:Izzy was a scream today. Nat Bass just stepped back into the role so effortlessly and the bitchy shade could've been from peak 2004. You can tell they loved writing for her too to the point where you have to wonder how they've failed to replicate that kind of character since.

In a way, they did it with Rhys, he was that anti-neighbour character, but they never really had the bitch before or after Izzy, other than maybe early Naomi. The thing with Izzy though, even scenes just about her, that she’s not in, up their game. I don’t know if it’s because the actors enjoy playing it as well, but you see something come out of Karl & Susan that you don’t often see other than when they’re doing some really ridiculous comedy.

Alan, Jackie and Stefan seemed to be having a ball instantly with the material they were given. It was so fun to see.

I did think Naomi had potential to fit that Izzy mould but they seemed to realise straight away what a warm, funny presence Morgana had onscreen and changed direction. It's a shame really because I do think the show is weaker for not having this kind of character. The trick is making her different enough from Izzy but there's a lot they could do.
Shamrock
Site Admin

Postby RamsayStreet » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:23 am

Shamrock wrote:
RamsayStreet wrote:
Shamrock wrote:Izzy was a scream today. Nat Bass just stepped back into the role so effortlessly and the bitchy shade could've been from peak 2004. You can tell they loved writing for her too to the point where you have to wonder how they've failed to replicate that kind of character since.

In a way, they did it with Rhys, he was that anti-neighbour character, but they never really had the bitch before or after Izzy, other than maybe early Naomi. The thing with Izzy though, even scenes just about her, that she’s not in, up their game. I don’t know if it’s because the actors enjoy playing it as well, but you see something come out of Karl & Susan that you don’t often see other than when they’re doing some really ridiculous comedy.

Alan, Jackie and Stefan seemed to be having a ball instantly with the material they were given. It was so fun to see.

I did think Naomi had potential to fit that Izzy mould but they seemed to realise straight away what a warm, funny presence Morgana had onscreen and changed direction. It's a shame really because I do think the show is weaker for not having this kind of character. The trick is making her different enough from Izzy but there's a lot they could do.

Lucy can do bitchy but nice well. They seemed to be setting up Elly that way, but they realised that wasn’t working and we had the miscarriage story instead.

Really they need Chloe Brennan to be an Izzy-like character - from what they’ve said so far, it wouldn’t be a stretch.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby project90 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:24 am

Such grate episode i thought Stuart would have disappeared loved all the connections with Ben and Drew

Also surprised see Sindi again really interested in what willows hiding
project90

Postby Gj81 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Great that Stu hung around. Glad they didn't all disappear after the party.
Gj81

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:20 pm

What a terrific few episodes - Izzy has been sensational so far, she has picked up right where she left off. And it’s been a delight watching all the great lines exchanged between her and the Kennedys, and Paul too! It’s showcasing how bloody good the senior cast are and why they should be in the thick of things more!

Clive was finally a bit more like the old Clive we knew and loved yesterday when he was helping out at the Waterhole. And him mentioning “Helen Daniels” helped too!

Stu’s scenes today were great - a really nice way to incorporate Ben into it through the Drew/Oakley connection. And Steph remembering her love for Drew was so unexpected - I had almost forgotten about all of that. Really well done!

Sindi’s Reappearance in Port Macquarie was genius! I was complaining that she had been given just a scene the other day but maybe this is not the end for her. I actually would have used the exchange between her and Willow as the cliffhanger rather than a silly workplace bullying warning from Leo to amy. That said, Jayden is definitely doing well in the Kyle canning type role - I hope he sticks around.
Mark

Postby RamsayStreet » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:38 pm

Mark wrote:Stu’s scenes today were great - a really nice way to incorporate Ben into it through the Drew/Oakley connection. And Steph remembering her love for Drew was so unexpected - I had almost forgotten about all of that. Really well done!

Sindi’s Reappearance in Port Macquarie was genius! I was complaining that she had been given just a scene the other day but maybe this is not the end for her. I actually would have used the exchange between her and Willow as the cliffhanger rather than a silly workplace bullying warning from Leo to amy. That said, Jayden is definitely doing well in the Kyle canning type role - I hope he sticks around.

The Ben, Stu, Toadie & Steph scenes had me running the whole gamut of emotions, one minute I was laughing, the next I really felt Ben’s sadness at not knowing his Dad and felt sad for him, largely because he’s part of Libby and I can truly believe that Felix is playing Libby & Drew’s son. I think having had Kym Valentine bring Felix Mallard into the show really helped with that.

Yes, nice to see Sindi their with Willow and despite that scene having been in the promo for days, I never guessed that it was Sindi with her.

RamsayStreet

Postby SamH » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:53 pm

Stu was much better today - I thought he was terrible with that speech and he looked kinda haggered whereas today he looked fresher and was more like Stu of old. Shame Lance, Stonie, Angie and Big Kev seemingly haven't hung around too. Even bigger shame they couldn't bring Connor back as well!

Holly should be about 11 or 12 now but looks older, though when she debuted as a kid she looked about the right age so maybe the actress is just mature for her age or something. I'd like to see Karl or Susan reference the similarity of Izzy showing up like this as when Sarah showed up out of the blue with Angus. Susan ended up forgiving Sarah then, although obviously she wasn't a bitch like Izzy is!

Tyler breaking up with Piper was exactly the same as when Dylan did the same thing to Sky after going to jail, so it was a bit predictable/obvious. I still don't get why he confessed to murder instead of manslaughter, I know he was hoping for a lighter sentence (and to be fair 10 years with good behaviour is extremely light for murder) but if he wanted to murder him he would have hit him over the head more than once and made sure he was dead. I'm still convinced someone else put Hamish in the hot tub, and I really hope we're not left wondering and the story ends here
Spoiler:
I have heard Travis Burns is off to the US and is leaving the show so it might be this is how he will exit, but then what about the issues with Banks?
SamH

Postby Davestar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:20 pm

I had thought perhaps Andrea could be pregnant, but it's been so long now surely she would be showing or already had a child. As Sindi has met with her She would have noticed a bump.
Davestar

PreviousNext

Return to Neighbours Talk