Annoying Facebook Cretins

Annoying Facebook Cretins

Postby Edd » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:43 pm

Hashtags on Facebook should not be allowed.
Finally arrived in South Africa! #summertime #hot #tan #blondie #southafrica #holiday #sorry #sonotsorry
Edd

Re: Annoying Facebook Cretins

Postby EdwardSkylover » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:06 pm

Why do people feel the need to hashtag about 14 words in a status anyway? It always looks like they're trying to be witty but ends up looking stupid.
EdwardSkylover

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:50 pm

I know moaning about people who post about their babies is a bit passé now, but this one girl, serrrrriously it's bad. Yesterday it was:

Jamie's getting weighed today

*an hour later*

*picture of baby just sitting there in a coat*
Jamie ready to get weighed

*a while later*

Jamie is 13lbs. My little man's growing up!

GO. AWAY.
Never forget Kayla Thomas!
Mike

Postby Lucy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:41 pm

Ffs I'm refusing to wash my fecking car again sick if this bloody bird **** now 2 times I've washed my car this week and paid to get my house windows cleaned and they are covered yet again. Ringing the council tomorrow to complain can't even let kids go outside as there is **** all over the drive way paths road it's disgusting

Because the council will evict the birds?
Lucy
Site Admin

Postby Edd » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:52 am

I dislike deliberately ambiguous status updates, but I hate even more the people that respond to them.
so glad to be home! Lucky I had someone watching over me!!

And there's 5 or 6 comments from people saying that same thing- "what happened?/Are you OK?", etc. Why all ask the same question? You can see somebody has already asked if everything is OK so why do half of dozen of you need to ask exactly the same thing? ****. :mrs:

Also, babies. A friend of mine had a baby. Hooray for them. And not too long ago posted a rather serious status regarding people taking pictures of their daughter and putting them on Facebook without their permission. Which I think is a perfectly reasonable thing to request. However, seeing as they themselves have already uploaded about 2,000 photos of their child's every living second of life so far I can't help but feel that you're not exactly being that cautious in what things you post about your own daughter either.
Edd

Postby EdwardSkylover » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:56 pm

I hate almost every status these days. Being on Facebook makes you realise just how many thick people there are out there. I don't understand why anyone would want to use txt language on Facebook but even when people make spelling mistakes they seem to rarely notice or care.

The worst thing is when you see people write like this in the workplace. At my work especially, people don't use commas, full stops or capital letters when writing emails. It's meant to be a professional environment.
EdwardSkylover

Postby rockfenris2005 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:11 pm

I've stopped posting at the moment. I feel like there's a pressure to post something, almost like a pop singer looking for the next single. I think I prefer forums and I.M. to social media!
rockfenris2005

Postby StarkyD » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:49 am

Haha great post! I think there was one like this a few years ago. I generally take screenshots of my favourite and compare with a mate who finds the same sort of thing humourous. There is someone on mine who seems to have this huge arch enemy and I don't get why they have them as a friend on their profile but it is full of profanities like

Took the p*** long enough, Ain't having it anymore! I'm the **** lmfao , Look at you before you criticize me !!!

It is entertaining to read though!

My other favourite is the "my own business" Forever Living gang. Now I should probably caveat this because fair is fair, if you actually can make a living from doing this then good luck to you but I personally don't get it but it very much intrigues me! Reason being no one ever seems to promote the product just the "bring others on board" part. They once wrote a big old post about Corporate companies etc and how independent their "business" was, yet fail to look at the overall company they are working for?! They wrote this great post about if your friend ran a restaurant you would try it so why not try forever living. Unfortunately it was so far back and this person posts five times a day I won't find it :P
StarkyD

Postby KikiBella » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:56 am

My friends and I have a private page in Facebook, where we can just post silly stuff so that no one else has to see it, because we were forever tagging each other in stuff!!!

And I seriously don't get some people's obcession with not just Facebook, but also that of Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat - only reason I have been looking at the others beside that of Facebook lately, is I am celeb watching!!
My fave shows are doing musical crossover, with another said actor who they have worked with before who I love also; and well he's gone mad posting pics which are actually quite funny!!

The other site I totally don't get, and really don't know how to make a better layout of is; is my Tumblr, which I only have as a connenction to that for my fanfiction page.
KikiBella

Postby Joanne » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:49 am

KikiBella wrote:My friends and I have a private page in Facebook, where we can just post silly stuff so that no one else has to see it, because we were forever tagging each other in stuff!!!

My fave shows are doing musical crossover, with another said actor who they have worked with before who I love also; and well he's gone mad posting pics which are actually quite funny!!

The other site I totally don't get, and really don't know how to make a better layout of is; is my Tumblr, which I only have as a connenction to that for my fanfiction page.

I don't even go on those sites. Oh, the Glee reunion on the superhero shows? I think that should be great fun (and I take it it's Darren Criss you're speaking of?) I was a big Glee fan - right to the end even with my issues with some of the things the show did and I love superhero shows so this is like amazing - also looking forward to John Barrowman singing as I love him from Doctor Who/Torchwood.

Ah, Tumblr, not a site I am near understanding either. But fanfiction I do! :)
Joanne

Next

Return to General Chat