Music

Re: Music

Postby Malm » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:37 pm

Latina wrote:I just pre-ordered the new Michael Jackson album, Xscape. It had better be as good as everyone is saying!

I put it off until I saw the tracklisting. I already have 3 of the songs and I've heard 6 of the 8 before. However, the ones I have are ripped off Youtube and are not the best sound quality and are probably not the proper versions anyway. I'm glad Love Never Felt So Good is on there as it's a lovely song. Let's gloss over the title but Do You Know Where Your Children Are is a tuuuuune. As is Slave to The Rhythm </Jackson oracle>
Screb!
Malm

Postby Edd » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:45 pm

I am stuck in a K-Pop nightmare. It is everywhere. But it's SO INFECTIOUS. :mrs:

This is a nice song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLbfv-AAyvQ

Whereas this is **** horrendous. Hyuna is the Rihanna of K-Pop. But the video has Psy so... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlWZluzBNxM
Edd

Postby Latina » Sun May 18, 2014 8:54 pm

Malm wrote:
Latina wrote:I just pre-ordered the new Michael Jackson album, Xscape. It had better be as good as everyone is saying!

I put it off until I saw the tracklisting. I already have 3 of the songs and I've heard 6 of the 8 before. However, the ones I have are ripped off Youtube and are not the best sound quality and are probably not the proper versions anyway. I'm glad Love Never Felt So Good is on there as it's a lovely song. Let's gloss over the title but Do You Know Where Your Children Are is a tuuuuune. As is Slave to The Rhythm </Jackson oracle>

This album has just gone to number 1, which I think is quite deserved. It seems as though after the debacle of the first posthumous album, this one has been produced with greater care, and respect for the fans. Including the original versions on the Deluxe was such a good idea.

I'm addicted to 'A Place With No Name' - both the original and the new version, in fact. I can't wait to blast it out in the car. And I have to admit, I like the version of 'Love Never Felt So Good' with Justin Timberlake on it. Although it was the first song I heard from this album, which may explain that.

'Loving You' will be a nice one to play when the weather gets warmer. And 'Chicago' (the new version) is awesome. Gotta love those MJ "Help, an evil woman is seducing me!!" songs. :mrs:

I'd be interested to know which songs are new to you Ceri. They were all new to me! :mrgreen: I tend not to allow myself to 'discover' Michael Jackson material until it's actually released to the public. It's partly for preservation's sake. I'm wary of the fact that that there's only a limited amount of unheard material left (likely of diminishing quality as it's mainly album rejects), and want to save the possibility of liking "new" tracks in the future for as long as I can.

Also, I had a bit of time on my hands today so I decided to play a little game... Having deliberately read nothing about the album's production or origins, I made guesses as to which era each song was originally recorded in, going purely by the sound of Michael's voice (as it did evolve a little over time). I did pretty badly though... I only correctly guessed 2 of the tracks, and with another 2 my second choice was correct. Perhaps I would have done better if I'd listened to the originals rather than the new versions, but I was determined to challenge myself. I'm a music geek, don't judge me. :mrs:
G'day, chook!
Latina

Postby Malm » Tue May 20, 2014 10:57 pm

I was wondering if you'd got it yet. I'll probably get it on the weekend after I get paid </pauper>

Chicago and Loving You are the two I've not heard yet. Also, I'd only heard portions of A Place With No Name. I love love love the original version of Love Never Felt So Good but I do really like the new arrangement. The string section is awesome. The version I've got of Slave To The Rhythm is completely different. It's a lot more clubby but I love it and it's great for the gym. I actually prefer it to the album versions. My version of Blue Gangsta is similar but far less busy. The version I have of Do You Know Where Your Children is like the original but the synths are replaced with guitar, it's one of my favourites.

I need to get my Bad 25 back out to get the 'new' tracks on my iPod.
Screb!
Malm

Postby EdwardSkylover » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:24 pm

Gwen Stefani has a new solo single due for airplay on Monday but it's already leaked. I love it :D
EdwardSkylover

Postby EdwardSkylover » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:59 am

Does anyone like Selena Gomez?
EdwardSkylover

Postby EdwardSkylover » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:48 pm

Has anyone heard Britney's new album Glory?
EdwardSkylover

Previous

Return to General Chat